Friday, November 14, 2008

Brittle

Making Brittle is not really hard, yet it does take time! Time over a very hot burner constantly stirring for what seems like forever.

The items you need for Peanut Brittle. ( you can use other nuts)

Pre-heating pans

Boiling sugar.

Adding nuts and butter.



The constant stirring

All done but the breaking up.

This job is usually much easier and lots more fun with my daughter to help. I missed her on this batch. Lucky for me she'll be home before the party prep starts.

5 comments:

lady Macbeth said...

Hey, you can't post those photos and not post the recipe!! Please, please, I really want it!

Bettan from Sweden, now with a big craving for Brittle

Sherry said...

Give me your e-mail and I'll send it. Sherry

lady Macbeth said...

Hi Sherry!
My e-mail is lady.macbeth@tele2.se and I'm really looking forward to make this Brittle thing and first and foremost EAT IT!!
Have a nice day!
Bettan

Anonymous said...

I feel like I could actually attempt to make peanut brittle just from reading your great blog! I would never have considered attempting it before I saw your great photos. I guess you DO need to post the recipe. How long do you have to stir it? I'm now waiting for the recipe to pop up.... How do you like it with other nuts? Which nuts have you tried? Love ya!
Liz

Sherry said...

You can just come up for a lesson my friend.